An IView is a tabular report constituting of columns. Each column in a IView corresponds to a field in the SQL statement defined in the IView.
You can also add expression columns to the IView using Options ->Columns->Add Columns.
To view column properties,
- Double click on the column in the IView definition.
This will open up the column property window.All the property settings will be listed here. You can set these properties and save the changes, which will have an effect at runtime. The Column Properties also has a Hyperlink Tab which could be used to create hyperlinks for the IView.
Each column is identified by a Name. The column name will be the same as the field name in the SQL statement.
The Caption is displayed as the ‘Column Heading’. In case, more than one line of column heading is required, the caption string could be embedded with “~” character. The system will display the string following the “~” character in a new line.
Data types of columns added through Add Column in the IView Definition can be specified here. The data types for columns that are created through the Query will get displayed automatically.
|Decimals||Enter the decimal width in case the Data Type is specified as ‘Numeric’.
Define expression for the column here. Expression Columns which are not part of the SQL statement can be added to the IView using Options->Columns->Add Column In such cases, the column value can be derived from a user-defined expression. These expressions are called ‘Column Expressions’. The column names before the current column could be used in the expressions.
Hyperlinking in IViews
To define hyperlinks from a column in IView report to another IView or TStruct, click on the Hyperlink tab within the column properties.
- Specify the name of the hyperlink in the Name box.
- Select the Type of structure to load or open.
- Select the name of the structure in Structure Name drop down.
- In case the transaction should be opened with data, select the option Load. The record that will be loaded will be searched based on the map defined in the panel below. A column in the parent IView or a parameter can be mapped to a field in the TStruct. In this case the record that matches the given map will be loaded into the TStruct.
- In case you choose Open in the hyper link, a new TStruct will be opened for a fresh transaction entry. Here, you can map columns in the IView to fields in the child. In this case, the data will be displayed as values in the mapped fields.