Every TStruct defined in Axpert will have an input form associated with it.The input form is used for data entry. Each DC in the TStruct is displayed as a frame in the form .
Clicking on the Form tab will open the Form Designer and all you have to do is to rearrange the components in it according to your requirement. Follow the steps below to understand the Form Designer in Axpert.
- Click Form tab at the bottom of the page to view the input form created for the saved TStruct. This will open the Form Designer.
- The DCs defined in the TStruct are displayed within a frame.
- The inputfields are available as drag and drop components and can be rearranged based on user requirements.
- The form also has buttons like New, Save, Search, Remove,Print etc.These are default options provided by Axpert for data entry.
- To change the font or colour of a field, select the field, right click and change to desired font or colour.
- Multiple fields can be selected by placing the mouse pointer on a field + CTRL button. They can be aligned to left or right on the frame by using the Alignment Palette in the bottom. The width and height of the fields can also be changed by using the Alignment Palette.
- Make the required changes and save.
- Each DC is shown as a frame and each field is shown as a component within the frame.
- Grid DC are shown as grids with each input field as a column in the grid. A grid DC can be created by setting the As grid property in the DC to true. The rows in the grid are stored as rows in the associated table. Hence, the table associated with this DC will have a one-to-many relationship with the primary table.
- By default all frames are shown one below the other.
- Axpert provides a set of form layouts for you to choose from. The frames will be laid out based on the selected layout. Click on the Layout button in the form designer to do this. The components within the frames can be dragged and dropped to re-arrange them as per need. The components can also be resized by selecting them.
- After you select a layout for a form, set the Fit to page option to ensure that the TStruct is displayed on the whole screen of end user and there are no unnecessary spaces.
- Each field is shown in the form as an input component . The type of component displayed depends on the mode of entry of the field.
|Accept fields||Text box|
|Select fields||Drop down list|
|Select fields with dynamic filter||Dropdown list with a button for searching|
|Calculated fields||Text box|
|Fill fields||Text box|
|Auto generated fields||Text box with an option to choose sequence|
- You can convert a drop down list into a radio group or a check list. To do this, select the component and right click on it. Choose the required component from the pop menu. A drop down with Yes & No as value can be converted into a check box.
- Similarly, you can convert a default component into other components. A text box can be converted into a memo to allow users enter multi line text.
- Right click on the form to add components like labels, images and buttons. Button clicks can be associated with a script. Labels can be made into hyperlinks. Right click on the label to do this.