Just as the database table is the centre of a database application, a Transaction Structure is the centre of an Axpert application. A collection of related tables along with business rules is called a Transaction Structure (TStruct). Any business entity in an application can be represented as a TStruct.
A TStruct consists of
- Data elements grouped into data containers. Each data container can be a database table.
- Computational rules for each data element.
- Validation rule for each data element.
- Maps to pull data into the structure.
- Maps to push data to other structures
How Axpert makes a developer’s life easy
Once a TStruct is defined, Axpert does many things without you having to write any code.
- Creates the required backend database tables to store the data that is to be captured into the structured. The tables are implicitly related using surrogate keys. All normalization rules applied.
- Renders a form for every structure. This form can be used by end users to enter data into the structure. The Axpert IDE comes with a form designer to help you layout the form conveniently. The computational rules and filling rules defined for each data element is used to populate drop down values, default values and calculated values into the components automatically.
- Data that is entered in the form will be saved into the different database tables related to the structure. The data is validated based on the validation rules defined against each data element before the data is saved. In effect, manages the database transaction without having to write code.
- A default interface at run time is provided to search data in structure for any criteria.
- A list interface is provided to view the data in a tabular format and navigate to the transaction form through hyper links. The lists have options to filter, search, export to excel, print the list are available.
- Users will have the option to delete data from the database. Deletion can be either permanent or just flagged as deleted. This is done using the remove option.
- Maintain an audit trial of all changes done to the data and view the history of changes done to a transaction at different time by different people.
- Provides interfaces for import of data from a CSV, DBF or Excel file.
- Print forms can be associated with structures. These are used to print the data entered into the forms. This may be used to print out various documents like an Invoice,PO, Loan application form etc. Axpert provides a page designer to layout the print form as per the need.
- External file attachments of any format can be maintained along with the transaction data.
- Images can be uploaded as part of the transaction data.
- Role based access on data & data elements can be set.
- All these features are rendered over the web too without having to write any code in the business or presentation layer.