Post upgrade tasks
To upgrade your application, follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Double click npmInstall.bat file from AXPERT_HOME/AxpertWeb/node folder to download the necessary node packages from internet.
In the above syntax,
AXPERT_HOME is the location where your Axpert files are installed in your local drive.
2. Open the AXPERT_HOME/AxpertWeb/web.config file using a text editor( for example, notepad) and check whether the nodeAPI URL is pointing to the node server.
3. Navigate to the AxpertWeb/node/config/dbConfig.js file and perform the following:
a)For Oracle database, tnsnamenode key must be the tnsNode(Service Name) entry referring to the Oracle database. For example,
b)For MySQL / MariaDB database, host key must have the database IP. For example,
Save the changes and close the text editor.
4. If you are using MariaDB/MySQL database, open the command prompt and change your working directory to MYSQL_INSTALLED_PATH\bin,
Where MYSQL_INSTALLED_PATH is the location where your MySQL is installed in your system.
and type mysql -u SCHEMA_USERNAME -p DATABASE_NAME < “AXPERT_WEB_FOLDER\migration\MigrateMysqlProcedure.sql” in the command prompt and press Enter.
The system will now prompt the user to enter the schema password.
5. Run nodeAppstart.bat batch file from AXPERT_HOME/AxpertWeb/node folder to start the server.